This is one of my favorite ways to do salmon… sweet, savory, and delicious!
4 salmon filets, skin on
1 tablespoon oil (EVOO preferred)
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
1. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
2. Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Once hot add in the salmon skin side down.
4. Cook salmon for 4-7 minutes on skin side (depending on size).
5. Very carefully flip salmon. If the skin is sticking to the pan give it more time to cook. It should release easily from the pan.
6. Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
7. Combine honey and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the sauce to the pan. Continue cooking for 1-3 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked and looks opaque and the sauce is thick.
8. Take off of the heat. When the salmon is cool enough to handle peel off the skin (this is optional for those who do not like the crispy skin). Serve immediately with a sprinkle of chopped parsley for garnish.